Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year from Imperfectly Perfect Quilts!

As you can see I changed a few colors and such, nothing major.  I just wanted a slight upgrade with a new year and all :)!  I hope the new year has found you all safe and sound.  I did nothing special, well I actually did.  I just hung out at home with my family and we pretended that New York time was our time and celebrated about an hour early.  We laughed at ourselves as we usually do and were happy, so that to me is special! 

So some finishes I haven't posted yet.  Well I did my tree skirt for the santa swap with my lovely swap group sew swapit on FB!  Love that group so much!!!   Since I do not have anything else finished that I actually took pictures of here are several lol!  I have to say I did love this!  My family however gave me nonstop crap about it being square and not round, but I love that it is square.  I really want to make one for our tree like this as well.  The pattern came from here




This is the back, but it is reversible. 

I have to say I hate the bias binding in the center.  I have never done it before, and well I need some real practice!  I hate how it looks, but it was literally the best I could do, and the tree will cover it, if not then the presents.  My swapee said she loved it and I sure hope it was ok.  I did love making the rest of it for sure!

Up next projects:
  • A quilt for a friend.  I am using a top I have had finished for like a year lol!  I actually have it sandwiched and ready to quilt!
  • Another quilt for a friend.  It will be two panels with flannel on the back and no batting.  That should be fairly doable I hope!
  • Bee blocks for my very 1st bee on threadbias the Neebee quilter site.  I am in Hive 7!  Very excited about that!
  • Valentines swap for my FB group.
  • All the other unfinished projects from the last couple years, 2012 and 2013 BOM on craftsy, I have a baby quilt top that needs something done, I am in desperate need of some wall hangings for my house.  I also have a new embroidery machine I got myself for Christmas (lol) and I want to make some things and support my fabric habit with that income lol! 
Wow I need to get busy!  What are yall working on?  I need more things to add to my list lol!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!