Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Finishes for 2014

Wow I have really been doing pretty good with my resolution.  I wanted to finish more projects.  I have a bad habit of starting a new 2 or 3 projects while the last 2 or 3 have not been completed.  I went out and made a list of all my WIP (works in progress)  and put them on my dry erase board I have in my sewing room.  This is usually where I list out what needs to be done and when the deadline is.   I already have 2 finishes to show you!  I am just so excited about actually doing it! 

The Hemisphere Quilt you have seen me working on a couple times.  It is finally done!  I have to say I just love this quilt!  It challenged me so much and I am proud of myself, I guess for actually not just saying forget it!


This is a jelly roll race quilt from like 2 years ago.  Maybe like the 2nd or 3rd quilt top I ever made.  It now has a back, binding and finished!  I will be gifting this to a very good friend of mine whose birthday is this week.  The video to make one of these is here!  Very quick and fun to make.  A really good beginner project!
I am working on my Valentines swap from my FB group Sew Swapit!  I also have all the stuff cut out for a man quilt I am working on.  I still have several items on my finish from forever ago list.  I just love checking those things off as done!  Oh another finish was my Bee Block For January! 
It is a wonky star using this tutorial!  Very fun to make.  It will be on its way home next week!  I really think I am going to enjoy being in a quilting bee!  If you are interested; it is the Newbee Quilters group on Threadbias, and the waiting list is up for Hive 8 click here to check it out!

I was thinking about my blog the other day and what is missing.  I don't really do any tutorials, but I think they are all out there, and I like linking back to ones that are already there.  Why reinvent the wheel ya know.  I am also not at any state of goodness to try and tell someone else how to do something.  I need all the help I can get!  I hope that is not a bummer for any of you out there, but I do like to give credit where it is due, and wouldn't want to do a tutorial mirroring someones like it was my own.  I just don't think that is very nice! 

I do have a OMG story for you about my just regular crazyness.  It isn't quilty related so I thought I would put it at the end.

Ok so just to set up the scene; picture it (golden girl reference) a regular Wednesday heading to the Head Dr (what I loving refer to my headache Dr as) which is 2 hrs away.  Just as we are pulling into the parking lot it starts sleeting, but it is 33 degrees so we do not fret.  Get that done and go to Lowe's.  We are at town and thought might as well look at some blinds. Two hours there cutting blinds to fit our windows.  Still raining and randomly sleeting during all this time.  Phone rings school back home is letting out.  Call my mother, who is Johnny on the spot with weather, she says its raining but still 33.  So we again do not fret.  We head back north, but need to stop at our cattle farm to feed cows and horses since winter weather is coming.  Wait what is that I must have ran over something.  Hummm probably nothing.  Feed and put out hay.  Huh my oil light is on, better check that .  Oil is pouring out of my car and there is a hole in the oil pan.  Oh and temps are now below freezing.  So call road side assistance.  1.5 hrs later (temps 28 and can't turn the car on) the tow truck pulls up.  Now it is dark and folks are sliding all over the place.  Well we take what is usually an hr drive to the dealership, yes in the tow truck who the driver; "yeah they call me beaner" is hating our guts since he has to drive us that far on solid ice.  That surprisingly only took us 1.5 hrs.  Get there get a loner and head back now it is like 26 and so icy.  The hour trip takes 3 hours we about flip the loner in the ditch but finally make it home.  Thursday I don't leave or go anywhere.  Work is closed and school is closed.  Solid ice out there.  Friday I leave to go to work and slide off into the ditch in the loner about 100 yds out of my drive.  Even though it is like 46 degrees the ground has been frozen so long only the ice on the trees is melting and so you have solid ice on the road with water on top!  Have to get the tractor to pull the loner out.  It goes back in the garage and I don't even try it anymore!  Ugg!  What a mess it was.  Such a lovely week!  Just thought you could get a kick out of my story.  The rest of the community had found humor in it lol!  Love those small towns!

Please have a wonderful week and bee safe out there!



4 comments:

  1. hi stephanie, do you have a pattern for the hemisphere quilt? i love it and would like to make one for a charity quilt. thanks and you did a beautiful job. barbara babscorbitt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hemisphere quilt is just wonderful! I have made many of the jellyroll race quilts, they are easy peasy and you can change up the way you do them as well. great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hemisphere quilt and the race quilt have beautiful color groupings! I agree with you on tutorials. If I ever do something I think people need, I'll make one. Otherwise I'll link. I've been blogging for about 5 years, and no tutorials. I came over from threadbias. Glad you shared your blog link.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!