Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year 2017 a new focus

You know as I reflect on time and the New Year, I realize all the adults were right.  Time flies the older you get.  It is astonishing how fast it really does pass by.  I mean 2017 what in the heck!!  So I don't really do resolutions or anything like that.  I am a day by day person.  I have been around long enough to know we are not guaranteed the next hour much less a day or month or year.  This is why I hate hate hate the interview questions of "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?"  But I digress!  I do have some things I want to try and commit to.  I want to see where this bloggings/quilting thing goes, so I am committing to blogging once a week.  I also want to start having some type of income from quilting/crafting (more on that below).  I also just want to be a good person and do my part in the world.  In my mind that is helping where I see need, working hard at my job(s) and earn the payments I receive.  I want to keeping loving my family and be thankful for the many blessings I have and not worry about the rest.  Seems easy enough huh lol! So that is what I have for 2017!  What do yall have in mind for the New Year? 

Now how was your Christmas?  Mine was wonderful and stressful and everything that goes along with traveling and last minute handmade items lol.  I did several handmade items.  Some I didn't get pictures of (that could be another commitment take more pictures).  Below are the ones I captured. 
I made this HUGE bag for my Niece to use as a diaper bag.  I modified it a little and added elastic pockets, which I am not good at.  This bag is a craftsy class here 

I made tree skirts for everyone from the MSQC tutorial.




Fabric Baskets, I made a ton.  I love these it is a pattern from the Crafty Gemini Quit Club which I am sad to say has ended. 

So after that mad dash I thought hey I have a week off the day job so why not do a total destash and re organize the sewing room.  I got this idea cause my lovely honey bunches made me this wonderful cutting table!
I mean seriously how beautiful is this?  LIKE AMAZING!  He has told me he is gonna have to make me something every year, so I will at least clean that sewing room once a year.  I of course replied DEAL!

I also got this amazing shirt from my MIL and SIL.  I love it!

So now the destah info.  I have so so so much like an OMG amount.  I tried destashing on IG but I had very little luck so I moved to the hubs ebay since he already had an established account.  However, people don't seem to want to purchase fabric from what appears to be a man so I opened an ebay of my own.  I have sold several items and am listing new stuff daily.  I am still using both accounts so please click both links and look around.  I am doing this because you get 50 free listings right now per account so I will list 50 on his/mine and mine.  So here are some pictures of the sewing room destash process.  Its not pretty so brace yourself. 





So a quick plug for my business wantabe self.  I have decided to sell solids on my ebay if they sell when I start loading my yardage.  I have a wholesale account and there are some very nice quality solids that they sell.  They are a great quality and I have used them for about a year and half now and they are my go to solids.  I also want to sell some handmade items and I will try etsy for that.  I may do my solids there as well and just see which way works.  Stay tuned for the handmade shop to open up.  Go check out my destash at both ebay accounts you can just click the links.  Thanks so much for reading and Have a wonderful Happy New Year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!