Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

DQ13

Well now that the pillow swap has been sent and received by my swapee I have turned full attention to the Dall Quilt Swap 13!  There is so serious talent in this group!  I mean for REAL!   This will (well maybe) be my last swap for a while as I am moving, building, packing, and sorting!  Or I am supposed to be packing and sorting!  I have sort of promised that after the swaps I am currently obligated to I will stop and focus on the packing and sorting of things to toss, sale, or move.  I must say this task is way less fun than sewing boo hiss!!!!  I sort of have full intentions of keeping said sort of promise, but I must be allowed to de-stress and sew.  I plan a good mix of sort, toss, pack, and sew.  I also have challenged myself to make all the little extras for the new house (curtains, bed spreads, wall hangings, etc)!  I am excited about that and for the best part......  A WHOLE NEW SEWING ROOM!!!!  That will not also be a bed room, it may second as an office but no one ever uses an office around here, just the printer!    Ok so there it is; cut down on projects sort of maybe.....  But in the meantime....


DQ13

How cute is he!

So this is what I have come up with!  After the big revel I can go into more detail as to why this turtle and such, but this is it for now.  I am in the middle of hand applique. 




I have no clue how to quilt this as I suck really bad at FMQing so I am at a total loss.  PLEASE HELP!!!!  I thought I might just hand quilt the applique pieces, but it feels like it needs something.  Any suggestions please....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!