Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Beautiful Winter

Well I don't know about where yall live but Jan has been pretty mild so far.  We did have a bout of a lot of rain, but it has been in the 60s.  However next week it will be brutally cold; high Monday 28 EEK!  I am having a long weekend with a holiday and I have some appointments so at least from work I will get 4 days off.  I plan to sew a bunch if I can.  Things never turn out the way I plan, but I have hope to get a few small projects done! 

I have a few finishes to show:

This is my version of the January bag in the Bag of the Month Club  the pattern is by Betz White.  It is so great and I love the bag.  I do kinda hate the twist closure that you have to screw together.  It was a super challenge.  I will make this again and hopefully sell the bag.  I really have to get my input costs down for sure.  Uggh stress!

A finish I am super proud of and is quilty related is our door!



 How cool is that!  We have been in our house for 2.5 years and finally got around to doing one of the doors in our basement.  Our basement is very rustic and done in old barn wood and tin.  All the interior windows and doors came out of a very old house on my parents' farm.  The husband in all his cuteness said lets do them in quilt block patterns!  Um what!  Of course that is perfect (and so is he sigh...)  This is our 1st attempt and I love it!  This is a faux stained glass process. 

Well that looks like all for now.  I hope to have a productive weekend and more finishes coming soon!  Blessings to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!